A Barton & Co. began making dolls house furniture just after the Second World War in 1945, providing employment for demobbed British soldiers.
They began making dolls house furniture under the ‘Model Home’ logo, mass producing dolls house furniture.
Barton used the name “Caroline’s Home” as a trade mark from about 1976. They produced sets of furniture in boxes and on cards enclosed with plastic. Most young girls during this time owned a dolls house, many home made from plans from Hobbys. Or they could buy the Caroline’s Home dolls house to put their furniture in.
In 1984 Barton and the Caroline’s Home brand were taken over by Lundby of Sweden. The production of the houses and furniture continued in the UK until the late 1980’s.