A Barton & Co. began making dolls house furniture just after the Second World War in 1945, providing employment for demobbed British soldiers.
They began making dolls house furniture under the ‘Model Home’ logo, mass producing dolls house furniture.
Barton used the name “Caroline’s Home” as a trade mark from about 1976. They produced sets of furniture in boxes and on cards enclosed with plastic. Most young girls during this time owned a dolls house, many home made from plans from Hobbys. Or they could buy the Caroline’s Home dolls house to put their furniture in.
In 1984 Barton and the Caroline’s Home brand were taken over by Lundby of Sweden. The production of the houses and furniture continued in the UK until the late 1980’s.
The Tudor range of furniture was produced by A Barton & Co. [TOYS] Ltd., between 1948 until 1977. Most of the furniture shown below was made after 1950, except for one of the Court Cupboards, which was made prior to 1950.
CLICK ON PICTURE FOR SLIDESHOW ……
Barton Tudor Welsh Dresser
barton tudor court cupboard
The Tudor Court Cupboard on the left is an early pre 1950’s model. It has a decorative molding on the top edge of the cupboard, and either side of the top cupboard door. The finish on the wood is also different, the older version is more of a dark stain, whereas the newer version is varhished. The handles of the doors are also different.
barton tudor sideboard
barton tudor corner cabinet
barton tudor table and chairs
barton tudor chest